It's mostly set up now - it needs some more art on the walls and a few more coats of paint in some spots but I'm feeling pretty good about living here. The areas I spend the most time in are my bedroom and studio/office room which are actually a massive double room at the front of the apartment. I'm not ready to share photos of them yet (soon!) but I took some snaps today of the kitchen, the little den that comes off the kitchen and the bathroom (lol).
You'll notice that my kitchen colour scheme is pretty wack - it's painted peach with black door frames for some reason. The peach would be great save for the fact that 90% of my kitchen items are RED! So far, though, I have been too lazy to paint the kitchen white as the other rooms I've done took forever and the thought of moving all my appliances makes my head hurt right now. My den is still free of wall art, I'm looking for some new pieces to put above the sofa and above the desk. ANYWAY, without further ado, here are
Entryway with some bits & bobs and art by Devon Smith
Kitchen pt. 1 (I know, I know, the door frames. Why?!)
Kitchen pt. 2
Kitchen pt. 3 (& my first ever washing machine!)
Kitchen pt. 4 - Where you eat & stuff. Doorway to den.
One of the few "trinket spots" I allowed myself in this apartment. Bare wall that needs some art.
Right side of the den - sewing desk, basket stash, more bare walls and a lamp that needs a shade.
I thrifted my sofa a few years ago and still love it.
Left side of the den - sofa and dryer (the only place the vent for it could go! oh well).
Bookshelves with tv, dryer trying to camouflage. My recent proudest DIY is those speakers I reupholstered to match the curtains!
Ok, my bathroom is small and well, a bathroom, but I love it. So here's a photo. It gets amazing light and has the best tub!
Sorry for the total overload..at least I didn't post all the rooms at once! Part two of my apartment ft. sleeeping place and working place will come very soon.











8 comments:
This is so gorgeous! I love how open and light everything feels. And I am so envious of your bath tub, I would adore one like that! Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures. It's such a lovely home!
xoxo
lebibliotheque.blogspot.com
This is a really lovely space. You're right about the black door frames, I'm not sure how I feel about them, but the peach and the red seem to blend nicely together! I'm moving in a weeks time and am SOEXCITED to decorate again. I think that's the only reason I ever move.
PS. Any chance you'll be making anymore collars soon?
this so cozy and perfect. i love it.
i love the built in shelfs..
xoox
I love your apartment - kitchen, bathroom, it all!
I came by your clothes shop on Etsy and ended up here, and I really like both things. I follow you know <3
Hugs from Emma
www.mycherryfield.blogspot.com
i love dryer noise, it's so comforting. so it wouldn't bother me a bit to have it in the living room :)
No! Bring on the photos. I just moved into a new apartment last month and I love seeing what other folks are doing with small spaces. Yours is absolutely gorgeous. So bright!
Oh and jealous of that tub!
Also wondering...How much do you pay for this adorable space and what neighborhood? There is a teeny tiny chance Montreal may be in my future.
You can email me if you'd like! TorbettL@yahoo.com
Thanks love!
That's understandable. Moving into a new place really consumes time and effort. But it's a great relief when you see how gorgeous your place turns out. Looking at your new nest makes me want to move to a new apartment also!
--Colby Moore
Post a Comment