Saturday, July 10, 2010

the wednesday dress and other nice things

I found this dress while thrifting on Friday and immediately brought it home, soaked it in oxyclean and shortened it. What potential! Peter pan collar! That bow! Those cuffs! I'm so happy with how it turned out. It's here in the shop now and it's definitely one of my favourite things in there.

Today was exceptionally productive - I was able to alter a few other dresses as well as list a bunch of stuff. Days like this where I get to wake up at a good hour, sip iced coffee and get plenty of work done are honestly my very favourite. After a nice full work day, I spent the evening playing board games with Nick's family on their screened in porch. My life is certainly not glamourous, but it rules!

Here's a look at the other stuff that made it into the shop today:



So many florals again! lots of 90's grunge-ish stuff in there like these crazy rompers. and last but not least, another vintage alteration that i'm quite pleased with:



I call it the constellation dress and you can check it out right here :)

Phew! sorry for the image heavy post. /i'll try to update more often so i'm not cramming tons of stuff into each entry in the future!

7 comments:

Diana said...

I love the first dress...so cute!!

Diana
Songs and Fairy Tales

olivia said...

thanks diana! i love it too, it's gonna be a little heartbreaking letting this one go!

chloe said...

i love the wednesday dresss, holy wow

olivia said...

seriously, eh? fripe find!

Kiwitz said...

The first look looks like something you would definitely do for some of your dolls :)

olivia said...

haha so true! i'm such a sucker for a peter pan collar. in fact, i just altered another dress with a similar collar last night that i'll be posting later today! i should start making them myself and wearing them with all my outfits :P

stacysaddleshoes said...

I love the wednesday dress on you.it goes so perfect with your cute shoes and adorable white socks