I read lots of lovely blogs full of imaginary shopping trips and coveted clothing, but I have to say, as far as my materialistic tendencies go I am mainly concerned with two things:
1. things for my apartment
&
2. tech-y gadget-y things, usually related to my business.
This is not to say that I don't swoon over various shoes, bags, expensive jeans, sweet vintage clothes e t c. because I surely do, but when I find myself spending hours looking through pages of products and cursing the amount of money it takes to ship them to Canada, it's USUALLY in one of the aforementioned categories.
This week I have been desperately coveting a handful of items from bathroom accessory shop Izola. It all started when I saw this shower curtain on design*sponge back in February:
So freakin' nice, right? It and other Izola curtains began popping up on various websites I frequent (for coveting purposes) such as Modcloth and Urban Outfitters (which, by the way, we don't actually have access to in Quebec because the language police insisted it be firewalled as though we were living in China, it's crazy, just saying). When I checked out Izola's entire shower curtain collection on their site I fell head over heels in love with this handsome thing:
I definitely have a thing for boy scouts and and this is just too much for me to handle. The rest of their bathroom products are similarly simple, utilitarian inspired and right up my alley. A few favourites:
And there you have it, the story of how I came to be contemplating dropping $100 (that US-Canada shipping cost again, grrr) on various bits and bobs for my new bathroom. Having decorated on the sort of crafty/kitschy side of the spectrum for the last 5 years of apartment renting, I'm looking forward to making my new place a bit more tomboyish & sparse, and trying to assign purpose to most of my decor. I'm not actually moving until May 8th (I bet with all the mentions of it lately you thought I'd already moved! No..just fantasizing) but I'll definitely be updating with any progress as I set the new place up. Stay tuned. xo




3 comments:
oh their stuff is so cute! i love that soap dish. buying things for a new apartment is always exciting.
by the way, i got your loot bag in the mail yesterday and i love it! thanks girl,
Jessie
You should just have someone like me order it for you (pay them through paypal) and then we can ship it to you in Canada! I did it for my friend in Scotland and it saved him a lot of moola. :)
Jessie - I'm so glad it arrived and that you like it! & yeah, totally exciting but I always end up buying great stuff and then just letting it get dirty or cluttered or whatever. I'm determined not to this time!
Babes - Sometimes that's totally worth it but I imagine this shower curtain is pretty heavy to ship here from anywhere in the States so it probably wouldn't be worth the hassle for $5 or something like that. My boyfriend's dad used to work in the US and come back here every weekend so we'd ship everything to him and it was heaven! Living in America makes online shopping so insanely easy.
Post a Comment