Friday, February 18, 2011

young captives pt. 1 : Chloe of Dirt on your New Shoes

I get so so excited when customers of my vintage shop leave feedback photos or use pieces they've bought from me on their blogs. It happens rarely but every time it does I get giddy. In this very first instalment of a new "feature" I'm calling Young Captives, I'd like to share some photos posted by one awesome lady who bought two awesome blouses!


 My blog feed is rather sparse because I tend to get very quickly annoyed with a lot of beautiful but irritating style "bloggers" (I use quotation marks because often times these folks seem to only post overly posed photos of themselves rather than actually blog about anything...) I follow Chloe's blog, Dirt on Your New Shoes, because she puts together really great outfits and seems a lot more ~real~ than a lot of the style bloggers I come across - not pretentious or vapid at all. Plus she's British which gets everyone points in my book! A few months ago she bought two blouses from my shop and has since styled them three times and featured the outfits! Every one of them is adorable but I'm partial to the most recent pairing of that pumpkin coloured blouse with the simple black dress. I'm loving a little pop of collar colour lately and I'm always a big fan of a simple black shift. 





Just lovely, I think! This photo is also making my achingly jealous of blouse weather. Today was +4 degrees celsius, what a tease! To venture out in my fall jacket and non-sorel boots felt amazing but alas, tomorrow it will be -17 again. Blast.

If you've ever purchased anything from Young Captive I encourage, nay, implore you to send me some photos of how you've styled your items! Bring a little joy into my cold cold slushy life. Please!

2 comments:

Chloe Marie said...

Aw Olivia, this feature is so lovely and you're too kind! I really love the blouses so you'll be seeing them more in the future, don't worry. x

Janette said...

New follower here...Hi! I may have said hi before..but I forget...If not..hello..If I already said hi..then hi again.. Nice tops you sold!Must feel great to know your goodies are being sold worldwide! NICE!
Have a great day!

Janette, the Jongleur